Thursday, July 23, 2009

Caught In The Rain - 5 Miles



Doug:

Tonight I got caught in the rain. I've slacked a little this week, trying to 'let my knees rest', so I was pretty excited to get back out for a run today. I had dinner plans at Gloria's this evening, so I rushed home from work and threw on the shorts. I figured it best to be a little late for dinner, than try to run 5 miles after stuffing myself. Lord knows I can't turn down Gloria's delicious Pupusas. About 3 miles in to the run, I heard a few loud claps of thunder and within seconds the heavens opened up. I'm not sure why, considering the forecast for storms all week, but it really caught me by surprise. Immediately my body perked up and I took off up the hill beside Meridian Park. I don't know if all I needed was a little wake up, or if the fear of the rain ruining my MP3 player took over, but I was booking it back the last few miles.

I guess getting caught in the rain can be a good thing sometimes. Nature's shower sure kept the legs moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment